- Nov. 16 - Early Release (Thanksgiving Break)
- Annual Volleyball Tournament 🏐
- Second six weeks ends.
- Nov. 19 - VG, VB Home Game at 1:00 pm
- Nov. 20 - VG Home game at 6:00 pm
- Nov. 27 - JVB, VG, VB Home games at 5:00 pm
Friday, November 9, 2018
Friday, November 2, 2018
2018 Cross Country Meet Photos (Click Here)
#PirateNationTX continues to be on an exciting and fast-pace start, but don’t forget to “fall back” this weekend with daylight savings time! Your cellphone should update automatically!
- Nov. 5 - Pre-ASVAB parent and student meeting at 5:30 p.m. to discuss the career exploration program and the benefit to students; Great Expectations Program (SFASU).
- Nov. 7 - Ms. Liz’s Thanksgiving Lunch
- Nov. 12 - Ag Department “Friendsgiving”.
- Nov. 13- Career and College Fair at Center I.S.D. for Juniors and Seniors.
- Oct. 24th - Senior Chapter Conducting team and Radio Broadcasting team participated in the Garrison Invitational LDE contest to practice for District. Chapter Conducting placed 3rd and Radio placed 1st!!
- Oct. 30th -The first Greenhand member that says The FFA Creed from start to finish each year, receives a FFA jacket paid for by the Ag Department. These three students said The FFA Creed start to finish without missing a word on the same day! Congrats to Mason, Ashton, and Caleb!
- Oct. 30th - Mrs. Nichols’s Family Consumer Science classes attended SFA’s Culinary Kitchen. Mrs. Nichols now offers a culinary course at MISD.
- Oct 31st - FCCLA Blood Drive. 20 donors represented from Martinsville.
- Nov. 1st - Meet the Pirates
Sunday, October 28, 2018
November 3rd - Martinsville High School Cross Country Team to compete at State Meet in Round Rock:
Left to right; Jhon Sequeda, Cory Moore, Morgan Bass, Marshal Halls, Micheal Adams, Josh James, Stone Wagnon, Lane Manchack
- Oct. 30 - April Smith, SFASU, will be here to discuss the Smith-Hutson Scholarship with our seniors as well as other opportunities.
Thursday, October 18, 2018
- Oct. 18 - Mr. Moore, program director for the Judy B. McDonald Public Library is coming to speak to the 10th and 11th grade about available programs and services.
Oct. 18-20 - Junior Basketball Tournaments. Girls travel to LaPoynor and boys travel to Wells.
October 22 is Early Voting at MISD!
Oct. 22 - 26 FCCLA will be promoting safe driving week with Teens in the Driver Seat activities;
Red Ribbon Week
Oct. 22 - Regional Cross Country Meet in Huntsville, Texas
Oct. 23 - National Honor Society Induction, 7:00 p.m
Oct. 24 - PSAT (Jrs and Srs)
Oct. 25 - Mrs. Nichols FCS child related classes will be CPR trained and earn a CPR certification.
Oct. 25 - Martinsville and Nacogdoches High School students will compete in their annual “Lip Sync Battle” at NHS.
Oct. 27 - Fall Festival - 5:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m.
Oct. 30 - April Smith, SFASU, will be here to discuss the Smith-Hutson Scholarship with our seniors as well as other opportunities.
Oct. 30 - Mrs. Nichols FCS - Intro to Culinary class trip to SFASU Culinary Cafe
Oct. 31 - FCCLA Blood Drive
Nov. 1 - Meet the Pirates 6 - 7:30
Nov. 2 - Fall Portrait Retakes
Nov. 3 - State Cross Country Meet
Nov. 5 - Pre-ASVAB parent and student meeting at 5:30 p.m. to discuss the career exploration program and the benefit to students.
Nov. 8- Mr. Palomino will be here to recruit for Angelina College.
Nov. 13- Career and College Fair at Center I.S.D. for Juniors and Seniors.
Nov. 16 - Early Release (Thanksgiving Break)
Nov. 28 8:00 a.m. ASVAB for Juniors.
MISD Police Tahoe
October 9, 10, 11, 2018 - MISD Competes in Baking Contest, Art Show, Floral Design and Ag Mechanic Show. (see attached)
Market Chickens in the sale we had:
- 10th Place Eryn Broadus
- 15th Place James Reppond
- 18th Place Dillon Moss
- 19th Place Jaycie Latham
Market Rabbits in the sale we had:
-GRAND CHAMPION Clarissa VanTassel
- 3rd Place Maddie Malnar
- 4th Place Kit Thompson
- 5th Place Jettah Greer
- 6th Place Chloe Hays
- 7th Place Raylee West
- 10th Place Chloe Randall
- 11th Place Layce Randall
- 14th Place Haley Quinn
- 16th Place Hanna Bass
-17th Place Amelia Battles
Market Goats in the sale:
13th Place Chelby Williams
We also had an awesome week at the Ag Mechanics Show. We had 3 Division Champions, lots of blue ribbons, and we won Overall Sweepstakes in the Ag Mechanics Show.
Division Champions were:
- Micheal Adams in Woodworking
-Josh James, Thad Mervin, Jordan Randall, James Reppond, and Logan Halls in Repurposed
- Eric Gomez, Morgan Bass, and John Russell in Trailers
We also did very well in the Floral Design show. All groups earned blue ribbons and we won Best of Show.
Best of Show went to:
Chloe Randall and Abby Mejia
Pics from last home junior game of the season:
October 10, 2018 - Martinsville places second in boys district cross country. Region Cross Country Meet is October 22 in Huntsville, Texas.
October 15, 2018 - Grades 7-12 had the opportunity to visit with Reanna Hart, Panola College recruiter, about the pathways the junior college can offer.
October 15, 2018 - Several MISD students entered poems, art pieces, and photographs in the Nacogdoches Public Library Big Read contest.
October 16th, 2018 - Texas Workforce Solutions - Roni Waller and Zach Crawford met with Sarah Wise from Texas Workforce Solutions October 16th. She will be helping Martinsville students and students from 10 other districts to help qualified students with skills to become employed during high school and receive job skill training as well as assistance with college.